Free Mr. Murph Field Trips available to all Public, Private or Home Schools for the 2011-12 school year!
Tulsa Recycle and Transfer is happy to offer students an opportunity for a behind the scenes glimpse of the recycling process with our very own Mr. Murph (Material Recovery Facility).
These field trips provide a terrific experience when it comes to learning about recycling while also re-enforcing the importance of sustainability right here in Oklahoma!
Field trips include:
• A visit to TRT’s very own Mr. Murph (Material Recovery Facility).
• An opportunity to learn about the recycling process and how our garbage impacts Tulsa’s environment.
• Find out where the recyclables go and how they are used to make new products.
• Learning about the 3Rs (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) and our responsibility for reducing waste in our city.
• Discover how Mr. Murph’s processing equipment separates mixed recyclables.
• Learn what recyclables are accepted in a Mr. Murph recycling bin.
TRT is offering field trips, on a first-come-first-serve basis, to all public, private or homeschool groups. Hours for the field trips are Monday-Friday from 8am to 11am and 12pm to 3pm.
Please note: In consideration of your safety and comfort, we can only accommodate one class per field trip with a maximum of 20 students plus chaperones.
Our field trip program is part of our mission to educate the community about recycling and to demonstrate the role we all can play in conserving our natural resources.
To ensure the absolute best learning experience we can, we ask that teachers complete the following:
Before your field trip…
• Review your school’s standards for field trips and submit any paperwork required to leave the campus.
• Send home school Permission Slips to parents.
• Make sure you have at least one adult Chaperone for every 10 students. This is required!
• Make sure students dress appropriately for the weather and wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
After your field trip…
• Initiate a recycling program at your school! You can even request a Mr. Murph Container for your school.
Please choose field trip dates a minimum of 4 weeks out. You may request a specific date and time with your online registration. We will do our best to accomodate your request based on a first-come-first-serve basis.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at (918) 382-7284.