- On May 26, 2015
- craft, summer
Needing a great summer craft project that will teach your kids about recycling? Try making these crafty crayons and show what happens when you combine creativity with something that is completely reusable.
Here’s what you need:
Bunches of old crayon pieces plus a Mini muffin tin…that’s it…oh, besides an oven.
Start Your Imaginations!
- Peel all the paper labels from your crayons.
- Break crayons into small bits so they fit in muffin tins.
- Separate crayon bits into like colors.
- Fill muffin tins about 1/2 full of crayon bits.
- Bake your crayon bits in a 325-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let crayons cool for 1 hour.
- Once they’ve hardened up, the crayons should pop right out of the muffin tin.
Another suggestion: oven-safe silicone molds. You can find them in all sorts of shapes and sizes…we’re talking hearts, stars or even flower-shaped crayons!
You can probably come up with other ideas as well. Just use your imagination.
The more we do things to help the environment, the more it will get easier to do and become part of our lifestyle.
Remember, we all can do something to help the earth…
Try upcycling something today and see what a difference you can make.