- On June 15, 2011
- kiddos, Mr. Murph, parents, Tulsa
Lately, I’ve been coming us with unique ways to swap out disposable items for re-useable ones. I call it my re-usables brainstorming list.
Actually, they’re not all my ideas…some I’ve gotten off the web…but, they’re all pretty good nonetheless. My next step is actually implementing them all, which may take some effort.
Here it is so far:
• Rechargeable batteries (I know a no-brainer…but, cut me some slack).
• Replace napkins and paper towels with washable towels. This is a hard one.
• Purchase a reusable shopping bag.
• Water filter instead of buying bottled water. (May save you small fortune).
• Use a mug or cup instead of paper cups.
• Use washable stainless steel utensils instead of plastic.
• Refill bottles and containers for beverages and detergents.
• Refill ink cartridges instead of buying new ones.
• Jam jars or any container you can reuse for another purpose.
• Fountain pens instead of disposables.
As you can see, the list is just beginning. So, I need more ideas. If you know of any re-usables I’ve left out, let me know and I can add them to my list in future posts.
See you soon,