- On August 18, 2014
Needing a great after school craft that will teach your kids about recycling? Try making these crafty crayons and show what happens when you combine creativity with something that is completely reusable.
Here’s what you need:
Bunches of old crayon pieces plus a Mini muffin tin…that’s it…oh, besides an oven.
Start Your Imaginations!
• Peel all the paper labels from your crayons.
• Break crayons into small bits so they fit in muffin tins.
• Separate crayon bits into like colors.
• Fill muffin tins about 1/2 full of crayon bits.
• Bake your crayon bits in a 325-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
• Remove from oven and let crayons cool for an hour.
• Once they’re hard, pop those crayons right out of the muffin tin.
Another suggestion: oven-safe silicone molds. You can find them in all sorts of shapes and sizes…we’re talking hearts, stars or even flower-shaped crayons!
You can probably come up with other ideas as well. Just use your imagination.